mandag 9. november 2009

Dear diary !

Part 3

Late afternoon, I took a plane from Nigeria to New Zealand. It was a really long trip. I think it took more than 24 hours. I think I almost would have died, if I had forgotten to take with me my I- pod and my book. The landscape in New Zealand was very different to the landscape in Nigeria. There were big mountains, hills, blue fiords and green rainforests. The landscape in New Zealand reminded me a little about the landscape in Norway. I saw some white dots on the green landscape, when the plane was landing on the ground. I was wondering what the dots could be, but I could not figure it out. I wasn’t exactly tired when I got to New Zealand, because I had slept for fifteen hours.


The plane landed in Wellington, the capital of New Zealand. I was going to meet some people that I had made an agreement with, when I was in Norway. I got to know these people through some of my friends in Norway. I am actually going to sail with them in a big sailboat to Auckland City. Auckland City is located in the North Island in New Zealand. So we are going to sail from Wellington and up to Auckland City in the north. Sailing is something that I never have tried before, so I am a bit nervous. New Zealand is known for sailing and rowing. When I met the people, they were really nice. With once we got into the boat, we started to sail. It was very entertaining to sail, but it was difficult to always get the wind in the sails. While we sailed around the country, a boy on the boat showed me a bit of the nature. He told me that there were many films that have chosen to make their movie productions in New Zealand, because of the nature. The trilogy of “The Lord of the Rings” was an example, which has played some of its scenes on the green hills in New Zealand. We came to Auckland after three nights on the boat. I got to know many kind people on the sailing trip, and this will be something that I will remember.

Part 4

I booked me on a hotel, when we came to Auckland City. It was very comfortable to not feel the waves when I slept; as I did on the boat. It was the last day in New Zealand, so I was going to do look at the tallest man- made structure in New Zealand, namely the Sky Tower. It is 328 meters tall and is the 13th tallest member of the World Federation of Great Towers. The view is up to 80 kilometers in every direction. When I got up in the tower, I saw how incredible the view over the city was. It was totally amazing!

I ate a very good dinner in the 360- degrees revolving restaurant, in the building. In the main course I ate lamp, which is one of the most popular dishes in New Zealand. The waiter told me that there are 20 times more sheep than people in the country. When he said that; I figured out what the white dots (that I saw out of the window on the plane) were. They were of course sheep! How stupid could I be? I ate something called “pavlova” to dessert. It is the national dessert in New Zealand. It was made of meringue filled with whipped cream and fresh fruit. It was really delicious!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar